- 12 Shrimply Prawns, head and tail on, shell removed and deveined
- 12 each 1 inch thick strips of Vietnamese spring roll wrappers
- 24 sprigs of tender dill tips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg made into an egg wash with 1 teaspoon water
- Oil for frying at 375F
For the Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, minced
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- On a clean and large working area, place all of the spring roll strips leaving approximately 6 inches between. or work in smaller batches if space doesn’t allow.
- Brush spring roll skins lightly with egg wash
- place 2 sprigs of dill on each
- Working quickly, place Shrimply Prawns on spring roll wrappers. Align wrapper with the centre of the tail that has no shell.
- Season Prawns liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wrap spring roll skin around shrimp and let rest on the seam side for a few minutes. Or reserve in the refrigerator until ready to fry and serve.
- In the mean time, prepare the tartar sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well. This sauce improves with time, so prepare the night before and store covered in refrigerator until service if so desired
- Fry shrimp in small batches to desired doneness until golden brown in 375F oil. This will take about 4 minutes. Serve with Tartar sauce